Hi blog hey,
I hope you’re doing well in quarantine and enjoying Easter weekend as much as you can indoors. I’m sharing a 5 ways to make the Day He is Risen in Quarantine special including a couple Easter look.
- Although you won’t be leaving your house and may not physically be with friends and family, turn to FaceTime and Zoom to connect over a streamed church service or meal time. This way you still feel connected as we celebrate the day. One of the best things we can do at this holiday is try to maintain connection even if it’s digital.
- Hold the loungewear and wear a day dress or something bright. Here are my two outfit picks depending on your mood. The first is a day dress and the second is an ankara top and skirt. How you dress affects your mood and you should still take it up a notch for the special day. I love this day dress and it’s perfect if you want to keep it causal, but cute. The ankara look is to make a bold statement. DETAILS: Dress From ASOS, now sold out similar HERE and HERE Ankara skirt coming soon to my Etsy
- To top off your attire, add a lip, a simple makeup touch and accessories. Putting yourself together after all this time in the house will feel nice. To step up this white dress, I added this bow headband and pink belt.
- Although it may just be you, be sure to cook something special. We’ll be having momma’s recipe of jollof and cornbread. I’m also going to make a French 75s.
- Add a decoration to the table even if it’s just a faux bloom. I normally decorate and so I’ll continue it to keep the tradition and not let the day be similar to other quarantine days. This is my tablescape from last year so I’ll still use some of these cute pieces I found on sale at Homegoods.
Above all, still remember the reason of the holiday, rejoice and celebrate in some way. 💗